Friday, February 19, 2010

Update on the 5 Day Meal Challenge

We are finally on the last day of the meal challenge, and it definitely has gotten progressively harder.  This morning I woke up about an hour before I normally do and I'm convinced it was purely from hunger!  My belly felt empty as I tossed and turned.  Today I was signing an Easter package to send off to our World Vision sponsored child, 3 year old Thabo, and I felt especially close to him and his experience.  While this challenge was definitely a challenge, we didn't come close to emulating true hunger and understanding what it would be like to not know when we might have a meal again.  And I cannot even begin to imagine the anguish a parent must feel over putting a child to bed hungry (or to not even have a bed at all....or to not have a way to take care of a sick child....the list goes on and on.)  If you're reading this, you're likely similar to me in having never experienced any of these things, and I ask you to say an extra prayer tonight when you tuck your children into bed, with their full bellies, and ask how you might be able to make a difference in some small way.  And I encourage you to visit the World Vision website and find out more about sponsoring one child in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment